Wednesday 2 May 2012

Reading Update

I just cannot seem to catch up with my recommended reading speed on Goodreads. I'm trying though, and I'm only two books behind now. I WILL CATCH UP.

I've read 21 books so far, which is laughable to some people. I've always been a fast reader, so it has been a bit of a shock that I've only managed 21 books in 4 months. I've realised though that it's not the speed that's getting me behind, but how often I read. Growing up I always had my nose in a book, but now, as a social media junkie, I often neglect my books because I'm too busy staring at the computer screen hours at a time. I have recently caught myself getting on buses with longer routes so I can spend more time reading, though. Anyway, here's the update on the books I've read so far;

March (cont.)
The Fault in Our Stars - John Green ***
Delirium - Lauren Oliver ****
13 Little Blue Envelopes - Maureen Johnson ****
The Last Little Blue Envelope - Maureen Johnson ***
The Girl Who Couldn't Say No - Tracy Engelbrecht ***
A Walk To Remember - Nicholas Sparks ****
Six Reasons to Stay A Virgin - Louise Harwood **

April
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone - J.K. Rowling ***
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - J.K. Rowling ****
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - J.K. Rowling *****

May
Insurgent - Veronica Roth *****
The Unlikely Disciple - Kevin Roose ****

Currently reading
The Year of Living Biblically - A.J. Jacobs
All These Things I've Done - Gabrielle Zevin

A few of those are re-reads; obviously Harry Potter, as well as Six Reasons to Stay a Virgin, which unfortunately only got two stars; it was a tongue in cheek gift from my mum a few years ago, and upon reading it again, I realised the writing wasn't actually that good. A Walk TO Remember is also one of my favourite books, and I've read it many, many times.

Delirium was awesome, but I couldn't bring myself to review it as all I was able to say after finishing it was 'WAAAAAHHHHHHHH! WHY ALEX WHYYYYYYY?'

I've been waiting impatiently for Insurgent ever since I read Divergent last year. I pre-ordered it on my kindle so I got it as soon as it came out. I spent the whole of yesterday reading it and didn't get to sleep until around 3.30am because I couldn't. Put. It. Down. Review is coming soon.

The Year of Living Biblically and The Unlikely Disciple are both unusual ones. I found The Year of Living Biblically on Amazon, and as I started reading it, I discovered the existence of The Unlikely Disciple, written by Jacobs' assistant Kevin Roose. I took to Roose a lot quicker and therefore read his book a lot faster. A review will be coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment